Sunday, June 3, 2018 - 8:30am to Tuesday, June 5, 2018 - 5:00pm
Certified Scrum Developer (3-Day)
- Learn to use a deliberate and disciplined approach to tackle any development challenge
- Learn to effectively support Agile development projects
- Acquire the skills needed to provide working applications to your customers faster
- Learn the skills necessary to write better code and test it for fewer defects
You will learn to use a deliberate and disciplined approach to tackle any development challenge and produce reliable, robust and verifiable applications. You will also learn how to effectively and confidently support Agile development projects by seeing how to quickly transform customer requirements into concise and verifiable development tasks, to accurately estimate timelines and to quickly produce strong results using Agile Engineering practices such as TDD, continuous integration, automated deployment, simple design and refactoring, pair programming, and collaborative test automation using Acceptance Test Driven Design (ATDD) and Behavioral Driven Design (BDD) techniques. Acquiring these skills will help you provide working applications to your customers faster and to write to today’s requirements while preparing for tomorrow’s changes
Please note that this 3-day workshop represents the technical aspect of a 5-day Certified Scrum Developer program. In order to complete the Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) certification, you must also complete the two day Certified ScrumMaster Certification course. There is no CSD exam. The instructor approves CSD certification based on in-class participation and skills demonstration.
- Facilitated by thought leaders with a decade or more of real world Agile experience
- Real world content, not ivory-tower theory
- Interactive exercises that engage the attendees
- Provides skills to create world class systems
Who Should Attend
Developers, testers, architects and technical leads who have a basic understanding of good programming practices and want to take their skills to the next level.
Attendees are also required to bring their own laptop to be able to complete the exercises.
The three-day technical course that anchors the Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) designation will satisfy the learning objectives outlined below.
Test Driven Development & Refactoring
Study of test-first development, including but not limited to the following concepts:
- Test driven development (TDD) as a design approach
- Red-green-refactor cycle
- Unit testing principles and practices
- What makes good tests/measuring test effectiveness
- Isolation tests using Mocks and Stubs
An introduction to the key practices of continuous integration, including but not limited to the following:
- Single command build
- Creating builds that are automated, self-testing, and fast
- The importance of a single source repository
- Increasing visibility & automating deployment
Study of agile testing principles and an introduction to the practice of multi-level automated testing, that includes
- Automated unit/integration testing
- Automated acceptance testing
- Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD)
Class Daily Schedule
Sign-In/Registration 7:30 - 8:30 a.m.
Morning Session 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Lunch 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Afternoon Session 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Times represent the typical daily schedule. Please confirm your schedule at registration.
Training Course Fee Includes
• Scrum Alliance certification fee—a $100 Value
• Course notebook
• Continental breakfasts and refreshment breaks
• Letter of completion